Re: [leafnode-list] Can't download articles.

rkimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> /var/spool/news/leaf.node/text.news.ntlworld.com is empty, as is
> active.read

That's not an error so far.

Check the /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/ directory, it should have
some files that are named after the groups - empty files are fine here
in regular operation. If there aren't any files in
.../interesting.groups/, then that is the reason for fetchnews's not
fetching news articles.

> Earlier I tried fetchnews -f and this seemed to download all the headers
> available, though Pan wasn't able to see all the messages.

IIRC, Pan caches some articles on its own, so check that you DO NOT use
delaybody in your /etc/leafnode/config (it will not work, it doesn't
work with KNode either; I filed bug reports against either software so
that these packages let the user disable caches, to no avail so far).

You may need to tell your newsreader to display read articles as well so
you can see the pseudo articles in the interesting groups and read them.

If you have low-traffic groups, consider upgrading to 1.10.8 which is
more conservative about unsubscribing (i. e. no longer fetching news)
from such groups.