Re: [leafnode-list] PAM authentication?

Paul Johnson <baloo@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Leafnode does everything I need it to do save for one thing:  PAM
> authentication.  What's the best way to implement remote user logins to
> NNTP using leafnode?

The leafnode-2 alpha versions should support PAM (./configure --with-pam
at build time, authenticate = pam in /etc/leafnode/config), but note
that it cannot currently authenticate against shadowed passwords, as
leafnode has already dropped privileges before even asking for
authentication, so it cannot read /etc/shadow.

--
Matthias Andree