Re: [leafnode-list] Expire command doesn't seem to be working properly

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm using leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20050102a.

Not quite up to date, there have been texpire fixes although they were
officially unrelated. Not sure if they could resolve your problem as a
side effect.

> The 'expire' parameter in my config file seems to either be ignored or
> misinterpreted.  I have the following setting:
>
>   expire = 90
>
> However, messages stay around for three times this long, that is,
> exactly 270 days, before they expire.

In groups that have long-lasting discussion threads, it may be necessary
to use texpire -a (expire article-based rather than thread-based) to get
rid of older articles; some groups are known to have threads that least
well over a year, and only if the newest article in the thread is older
than "expire" will the thread expire without texpire's -a option.

If texpire -a does NOT help, let me know.