Re: [leafnode-list] Debian package of leafnode2?

Matej Cepl <cepl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> does anybody maintain %subj%? I have here pretty straightforward package for
> leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20050412a on testing, but when comparing with Debian
> package for leafnode-1.10.8.rel, there are many other auxiliary scripts and
> other stuff, that I would rather see somebody already doing this than I
> would have to recreate all this stuff.

I am actively advising against packaging leafnode-2 at this time.

The code, although it works well for many, is unsuitable for packaging,
because it is subject to radical changes, without any regard to existing
packages. Be prepared that your users will moan and bitch if updating
the package changes behavior, and such (change in behavior) is likely to
happen while the package is called alpha.

I will only accept bug reports and inquiries for leafnode-2 from people
who can show that the problem also occurs with the original, unaltered
code that I have provided.

I will however accept scripts or data files that are required for
administrators to roll their own package (for instance, the tarball
contains a suitable .spec data file so rpmbuild -tb leafnode-VERSION.tar.bz2
builds a binary RPM.)