[leafnode-list] Re: Strange problem with 2.0.0.alpha20050412a

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote
in news:20050507084251.GA4299@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> John Carlyle-Clarke schrieb am 2005-05-06:
>
>> I am seeing an odd problem, and I can't work out if it's a
>> problem with a remote server, or a leafnode problem.
>
> Looking at the log and the remote article: A problem with the
> remote server.
>
>> Since this first appeared during my 4am fetch, I have not got any
>> new articles appearing.
>

> Nothing leafnode could do about this to work around such a broken
> server.

Thanks for the feedback Matthias, and for taking the time to look at
it.  I've removed the Autodesk server from my config file, and I'll
tell the people who use it that they will have to access it directly
for now.

I will also contact Autodesk, as you suggest.

I can quite understand that Leafnode cannot work around a broken
server - in the sense of manage to retrieve news from it - but is it
expected that the fetch would hang, and that it would fail to retrieve
news from any servers, which was what seemed to be happening?

Regards,

    	John