Re: [leafnode-list] Can't get leafnode to work with news servers that work with clients.

On Saturday 11 June 2005 14:17, Matthias Andree wrote:

> > Something I've just noticed is that the timeouts seemed to occur
> > mainly in certain newsgroups.
>
> There is nothing that would make certain newsgroups special from
> fetchnews's view.

Upgrading to 1.11.3 (now using Debian package leafnode 1.11.3.rel-1) fixed
the problem with the processes not finishing.

I'm sure the timeouts are caused by my ISP's dodgy news servers, which
seem to have problems holding the connection.  When I add a new group
(e.g. by using touch_newsgroups) I get timeouts for a while until
leafnode "catches up" enough that the server can handle it.
Higher-traffic groups are more of a problem that low-traffic ones.

Thanks for your help,
Adam