[leafnode-list] Leafnode + Gnus: all articles marked as "read"

Hallöchen!

I don't know whether this is a Gnus or Leafnode problem: I switched
from "direct conncet" to Leafnode 1.10.3.rel yesterday.  Fetchnews
was called every 5 minutes, and in effect Gnus got new news really
fast (because it didn't have to look up itself).  It *seemed* to
work fine.

However, this was probably because I checked for news very
frequently.  When I left the system for a couple of hours, came
back, and checked for new articles, they were there, but marked as
read!  Only one group had one unread posting.

May it be a problem with article numbers?  My config file is almost
completely commented-out, only the servers are set.

Tschö,
Torsten.