[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] Can't post to my leafnode
- To: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] Can't post to my leafnode
- From: Anastasios Papadopoulos <tpapad@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:59:28 +0300
- Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:26:13 +0200
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=bGNllAHjGpbkszXPMGHB0ETSb547PyxDBA/D+cgIoIhD0M3SwGRYPmlJOak1kDMjJTkO/T1VVi4lrhU2/HkMMsZG1T79CfkaUo4JSWZsm2PrwFnCW3lKQy9QyTOs9vUiHiiymoSLNruG3bjNUi41HwDYwHYDkSGBnuXeGvC/v5A=
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- Reply-to: Anastasios Papadopoulos <tpapad@xxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for your help. I finally solved the problem, which (of-course) was
my misconfiguration... I had "minlines = 2" in config and although I tried
to send test posts with more than 2 lines, leafnode seemed to ignore it.
This was the only change I did (commented out this line) and my posts are
now going to their destinations...
Anastasios Papadopoulos - Athens - Greece
On 7/14/05, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Anastasios Papadopoulos wrote:
> > I installed leafnode leafnode-1.10.4.rel through urpmi on a Linux
> > 10.1. Everything went ok, I configured it with one news server (for our
> > and I can see all posts on the groups I subscribed to. BUT I can't
> post... I
> > mean I do post (using Mozilla Thunderbird), I can see my posts when
> > fetchnews -Pvv but they never reach the news server (waited 2 days with
> > fetchnews every 30 mins). Did I forget something?
> be sure to use the Mandriva security updates to get bugfixed leafnode
> versions. For details, please see their advisory:
> Then, check the hostname setting of your computer, if it has a
> fully-qualified host name, that is OK. See one of the README-FQDN*
> documents (same content, different formats) for details.
> If that doesn't help, please adjust your syslog.conf (see README),
> signal syslogd, then run fetchnews -Pvv and see if any errors appear in
> the log.
> Matthias Andree
leafnode-list mailing list