Re: [leafnode-list] Date, time and logs

Werner Geuens <werner@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I started leafnode a week ago on an old machine, to fetch news at night.
> Works perfectly.
>
> But I redirected the verbose output to a log, to keep an eye on it the first
> few weeks. I'd like to see a data/time added to the lines. Is there a option
> for that ?

The best bet is to rely on syslog. README has hints how to configure
syslog (see the TROUBLESHOOTING or DEBUGGING section), and as leafnode
will log using the "news" facility, you can easily capture the logging
into a separate file, and, as Adam suggested, use grep to sort the
fetchnews logging from texpire or leafnode logging.