Re: [leafnode-list] Date, time and logs

Server Admin <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I encountered this problem earlier and even using syslog was unable to
> get all the info I needed.

> Skipping that Q in sidewise:
>  Is there some way to get the messages dropped and matching filter/line
> into the notices or info syslog level?

To see filter output in the logs, you'll have to run with "debugmode=2"
set, which will however produce tons of other logs not related to
filtering. The syslog output related to this will have "DEBUG" priority,
so be sure syslogd is capturing news.debug or *.debug. On many computers
reconfiguration of syslog (through /etc/syslog.conf) will be needed,
followed by a restart of syslogd (SIGHUP) to make the changes effective.

It'll print something like header =~ /PCRE/ = result, where -1 means "no
match", 0 or positive value means "match" and other negative values are
used to represent errors.

HTH,