Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Adding a custom header to posted messages?

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> OK.  I'll work on this in my spare time, and I'll use getnameinfo if it
> exists ... if not, then I'll use gethostbyaddr and IPv4.  I presume that
> there's some sort of autoconf test I can use to determine this.

Note that getaddrinfo and getnameinfo are happy with IPv4, too - it's
just a more modern, somewhat protocol independent and threadsafe
interface.

Please do not use gethostbyaddr, except in a compatibility wrapper perhaps
(there are some, OpenBSD, KAME, ... they all have various missing bits).

It's fine with me if new features don't work on SunOS 4.1 :)