[leafnode-list] Leafnode and runit/daemontools?

I notice this in the leafnode manpage (version 2.0.0.alpha20050914a):

  -e  Redirect logging from  syslog  to  the  standard  error  channel
      (stderr).   This  is useful for debugging and when using service
      supervisors such as Gerrit Pape's runit or Daniel J. Bernstein's
      daemontools.

However, I don't see how leafnode could be meaningfully run under runit
or daemontools, as it's meant to be invoked by [x]inetd when someone
connects to the nntp port, as stated in this text from that same man
page:

  The leafnode program itself is the NNTP server.  It is run from
  /etc/inetd.conf when someone wants to read news.

How would leafnode run under runit/daemontools?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@xxxxxxxxxx