[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode and runit/daemontools?

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> writes:

> Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> OK ... now I realize that the "tcpserver" program manages the connections
>> instead of [x]inetd.  I'm sorry for the confusion.
>
> I'd recommend to check out Gerrit Pape's ipsvd (tcpsvd)
> (http://smarden.org/) instead of using DJB's proprietary ucspi-tcp
> (tcpserver) though - ipsvd has a real open source license.

Thanks.

Yes, once I undertood how 'tcpdaemon' was being used, I did some
further investigation, which led me right to 'ipsvd'.

And I'm now using that system instead of xinetd.  It works great!

I've been happily using 'runit' for a while now, by the way, for other
daemons.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@xxxxxxxxxx