[leafnode-list] possible bug in leafnode-2.0.0.alpha?

Hi all,

I'm running leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20050810a in Slackware 9.1 installed
on a Pentium III box with 1 GB of RAM.  I have the news spool on
this box (linus.heise.nu) and read using slrn on the same computer.

Yesterday, I read a post in alt.cellular.verizon that had added a
crossposting to comp.dcom.xdls with follow-up set to the latter
group:

  1)	Message-ID: <dh7s7k$beq$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I wrote a follow-up to that post, allowing slrn to honor the
follow-up setting and post only to comp.dcom.xdsl:

  2)	Message-ID: <slrndjmnkh.1eq.theo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

A few minutes later I realized that comp.dcom.xdsl was neither among
my interesting groups nor my subscribed groups.  So I then added it
to my slrn groups, and opened the leafnode placeholder.

My follow-up has now appeared on other servers, and I have posted a
follow-up to it from a different account:

  3)	Message-ID: <slrndjo94c.eon.theise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

However, my first post (2) does not appear on my own news spool.

As I think about this, it seems more like broken user behavior than
like a broken application, but I wanted to share it with the list
anyway.

Your thoughts would be most welcome.

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise     <theo@xxxxxxxx>     Bloomington, IN, USA