[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] possible bug in leafnode-2.0.0.alpha?
I'm running leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20050810a in Slackware 9.1 installed
on a Pentium III box with 1 GB of RAM. I have the news spool on
this box (linus.heise.nu) and read using slrn on the same computer.
Yesterday, I read a post in alt.cellular.verizon that had added a
crossposting to comp.dcom.xdls with follow-up set to the latter
1) Message-ID: <dh7s7k$beq$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I wrote a follow-up to that post, allowing slrn to honor the
follow-up setting and post only to comp.dcom.xdsl:
2) Message-ID: <slrndjmnkh.1eq.theo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A few minutes later I realized that comp.dcom.xdsl was neither among
my interesting groups nor my subscribed groups. So I then added it
to my slrn groups, and opened the leafnode placeholder.
My follow-up has now appeared on other servers, and I have posted a
follow-up to it from a different account:
3) Message-ID: <slrndjo94c.eon.theise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
However, my first post (2) does not appear on my own news spool.
As I think about this, it seems more like broken user behavior than
like a broken application, but I wanted to share it with the list
Your thoughts would be most welcome.
Theodore (Ted) Heise <theo@xxxxxxxx> Bloomington, IN, USA
leafnode-list mailing list