[leafnode-list] Re: possible bug in leafnode-2.0.0.alpha?

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, John Carlyle-Clarke wrote:
> Theodore Heise <theo@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
> > My first post to a newly subscribed group does not appear on my
> > own news spool.

> I've seen similar behaviour, where I've wanted to subscribe to a new
> group in order to post to it.  I open the group and read the
> placeholder, and then post to it.  When fetchnews runs, I see the
> posts appear, but I never see the message I sent even though it
> appears on upstream servers.

Okay, here's another observation.  Yesterday I subscribed to
microsoft.public.outlook.general and posted to it.  I believe I read
the placeholder first, and then made my post while leafnode was
probably fetching articles from upstream servers.  Later in the day
(after fetching was complete) my original article would only show up
if I used Esc-p (in slrn) to trace back to it.  If I set the whole
group unread and opened it, the article would not show.  Today
(after texpire has finished its nightly run) the article is not
available at all.  I'm wondering if this is related to a counter of
some sort.

For what it's worth, here's the Message-ID of the original article:

I think I may try newly subscribing to a test group, letting all
available articles be fetched, and then posting an article to see
what happens.

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise     <theo@xxxxxxxx>     Bloomington, IN, USA