[leafnode-list] moving spool to new disk

Hi all,

This is probably a dumb question, but I've never been one to let
that stop me before so here goes.  I did Google and search Usenet,
but came up empty.

I'm upgrading my server's primary hard drive from a 6 GB to an 80 GB
disk.  I want to continue to use my current spool (it's ~800 MB) and
was wondering if "cp -ax" was safe for moving it.  I'm assuming
after moving it I should run texpire before restarting the cron
calls to fetchnews.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks!

--