[leafnode-list] Re: Newbie: Running just local groups on Machine..

Nero Zero wrote:
> matthias.andree@xxxxxx schrieb:
>

>>Nero Zero wrote:
>>

>>>Hello ye all;
>>>
>>>I want to run my installed leafnode just with localhost, hence no
>>>internet newsgroups for now.. How do I create my own "server list" of
>>>available newsgroups, so that all different users in turn on my machine
>>>can use this NNTP blackboard if you will.. It be nice if I can learn how
>>>the structure is set up in /var/spool/news ... and all
>>>

>>THe format is officially opaque - it might change, and is for that
>>reason deliberately undocumented.
>>

> :: whatever this means! I changed grouspinfo's content with
> local.group.test1 1 1 0 -x- und ...test2 1 0 0 -x- so that Knode can
> subscribe to it but when I locally post to it it never maes it to the
> folder?! fetchnews -vvv states that it is trying to writing arcticle X
> but then it never maes it eventhough none are found in failed
> positings... how do i make sure there are enough rights there for "news"
> ?! if that is the problem maybe?!

That means: hands off. If you want to change something, use the
configuration directory (/etc/leafnode or whatever you configured as
sysconfdir). The spool directory (/var/spool/news, /var/spool/leafnode
or thereabouts) are leafnode's playground, you don't need to change
anything there.