[leafnode-list] Re: Cannot update timestamp on /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/...: Operation not permitted

On Sunday 20 Nov 2005 12:08, Matthias Andree wrote:
> That is what confuses me. Why would you after su-ing to the news account
> (or directly logging in if it has a password and a shell) be permitted
> to change the time stamps but not leafnode? If leafnode did not run as
> root or news, it would be complaining loudly and quitting early.

That's roughly what I'd thought.  (I did su to the news user - it hasn't a
shell set for itself).

Is there any way I can take the part of the leafnode code that tries to do the
update, compile it, and run it 'out of context' to see if the same problem
arises?

--
David Aldred