[leafnode-list] Re: Mandrake Corporate Server 3.0

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:22:06AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> "Bulgrien, Kevin" <Kevin.Bulgrien@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I would like to report that I have successfully tested local newsgroups on
> > Mandrake Corporate Server 3.0.  I built an RPM with rpmbuild, installed the
> > RPM, and assured myself that local newsgroups were working by sending a test
> > message to one of the groups.  No problems encountered at all.
> >
> > leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20051115a.tar.bz2
>
> Thanks, Kevin!

On Gentoo a self-hacked ebuild made a bad install (just because my
ebuild was bad), but leafnode 20051115a is working well.

Internal groups work without any problem.

The only "error" I encouter is a message stating:

|Feb 27 00:08:18 [fetchnews] news.anywhere.invalid: cannot parse reply to
|"GROUP opennews.intern": "211 277 -1 275 opennews.intern"

I do not know whether this is a bad server or error in leafnode. But it
does no harm for me, so I ignore this appearing happily. ;-)

HTH, Martin