[leafnode-list] I broke slrn

Hiya,

I'm following up on a post to the usenet group news.software.readers
entitled "I broke slrn" (where I've said that I'm following up here).

Is this a slrn or leafnode problem?

Prior to getting leafnode configured I was using slrn without problem,
using my ISP's news server.  Once leafnode was up and running, from the
first I could telnet into "localhost 119", slrn stopped working as
expected.

thufir@localhost ~ $
thufir@localhost ~ $
thufir@localhost ~ $ cat /home/thufir/.slrnc -n
      1  set hostname shawnews.vc.shawcable.net
      2  set posting_host shawnews.vc.shawcable.net
thufir@localhost ~ $ slrn -h shawnews.vc.shawcable.net
slrn 0.9.8.1 [2004-10-07]
slrn fatal error:
Unable to find a valid hostname for constructing your e-mail address.
You will have to specify a hostname in your .slrnrc file.

thufir@localhost ~ $ nano /home/thufir/.slrnc
thufir@localhost ~ $ cat /home/thufir/.slrnc -n
      1  set hostname localhost
      2  set posting_host localhost
thufir@localhost ~ $ slrn -h localhost

thufir@localhost ~ $ slrn -h geidiprime.servebeer.com
slrn 0.9.8.1 [2004-10-07]
slrn fatal error:
Unable to find a valid hostname for constructing your e-mail address.
You will have to specify a hostname in your .slrnrc file.

thufir@localhost ~ $ nano /home/thufir/.slrnc
thufir@localhost ~ $ cat /home/thufir/.slrnc -n
      1  set hostname geidiprime.servebeer.com
      2  set posting_host geidiprime.servebeer.com
thufir@localhost ~ $ slrn -h geidiprime.servebeer.com
slrn 0.9.8.1 [2004-10-07]
slrn fatal error:
Unable to find a valid hostname for constructing your e-mail address.
You will have to specify a hostname in your .slrnrc file.

thufir@localhost ~ $ slrn -h localhost
slrn 0.9.8.1 [2004-10-07]
slrn fatal error:
Unable to find a valid hostname for constructing your e-mail address.
You will have to specify a hostname in your .slrnrc file.

thufir@localhost ~ $ date
Wed Mar 29 12:03:51 IST 2006
thufir@localhost ~ $ telnet localhost 119
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.11.3.rel running at localhost (my
fqdn: geidiprime.servebeer.com)
^]

telnet> quit
Connection closed.