[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode 2.0 and local groups..

ino-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (clemens fischer) writes:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 Martin wrote:
>
>> Just tested with 2.0.0_alpha20060321:
>>
>> Existing newsgroup: internal.test
>> Existing directory structure: internal/test/
>> New newsgroup: internal.test.second
>>
>> While posting to internal.test.second leafnode created
>> internal/test/second/ as it seems to be needed.
>
>> The totally new group "no.dirs.needed" (not even no/ existed) behaved
>> in the same way. Right after posting there, no/dirs/needed/ appeared.
>
> this is good news. how about restarting leafnode afterwards: does it
> need any new entries in etc/leafnode/local.groups?

Restarting shouldn't be necessary (as long as your systemclock is
monotonically going forward, or at least isn't going by in large steps,
occasional small steps of a few ms don't matter in practice), leafnode
will re-read the active files if either the group.info or the
local.groups file's mtime increases or the inode number changes (which
is, now that I'm writing it, actually a bug because it needs to check
the (dev,ino) pair rather than just ino).

>> So if there are no plans to remove this very good way of creating
>> directorys, I'd suggest just leaving the need to create directorys out
>> of README.html.
>
> agreed.

On my end, there are no plans to remove automatic creation of directories.