[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode can't see spamcop newsgroup

Greetings.

On Monday 24 April 2006 14:21, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > I have the following line in my /etc/leafnode/config:
> >
> > server = news.spamcop.net
> >
> > However, leafnode doesn't see the spamcop newsgroup.  It's not in
> > the /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo file
>
> I just tried with 1.11.5, it lists the newsgroup when asked for the
> group list (LIST or LIST ACTIVE spam*), I can enter it (GROUP spamcop),
> so we'll probably need more detail to figure what's going on with your
> version.  As a first step, try running "fetchnews -f" to see if
> re-retrieving the group list fixes the issue.

Yes, that fixed it. I think the problem was that I had previously had the
following line for the spamcop server in my config file:

only_groups_pcre = spamcop\.

I removed this line after I noticed that the spamcop newsgroup was missing.
(I should have omitted the "\." when I added that line in the first
place.)  I had assumed that Leafnode would detect that the config file had
changed and update its group list.  My assumption turned out to be
incorrect.  Perhaps there is a good reason for this behaviour, but if not
I suggest that it be changed.

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o  Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]  ><  Space is limited