[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode can't see spamcop newsgroup

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:28:58 +0200 Matthias Andree wrote:

> Tristan Miller wrote:
>
>> only_groups_pcre = spamcop\.
>>
>> I removed this line after I noticed that the spamcop newsgroup was
>> missing.  (I should have omitted the "\." when I added that line in
>> the first place.)

what is "only_groups_pcre" good for? i just checked
news/leaf.node/news.* files and found "interesting" groups registered
there for every server i connect to. new groups are still found, and a
complete "groupinfo" file exists where every group available is listed.

> Well, the reason is efficiency. Downloading active lists from half
> a dozen servers via modem isn't fun, and the requirement to use
> "fetchnews -f" is documented both in config.example and the manual
> page, and forcing "-f" for every configuration change seems excessive
> to me, while on the other hand checking if server/only_groups_pcre
> assignments changed requires more effort than I am willing to spend on
> leafnode-1.

although using leafnode-2 this sounds reasonable to me.

  clemens