[leafnode-list] Re: help with spool problem?

On Tue, 2 May 2006, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Theodore Heise <theo@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>  ...Is there a way to run texpire to remove the old posts using
>> the Date: header?

> I have had a first look at the leafnode-2 code and might come up
> with experimental patches later this week. It shouldn't be too
> difficult, but it needs to be done with care, and my spare time is
> split up, 30 mins here, 20 there at the moment, so I don't dare go
> beyond planning yet.
>
> WRT the 2003, 2004 and 2005 posts, perhaps a regexp filter (see
> the filterfile option) and running the applyfilter program can
> help. For testing, use the --dry-run option of applyfilter's.
>
> Hope that helps until the code is in place.

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for this helpful information.  Please don't go to a lot of
trouble coding for this on my account, unless you think it would be
a generally useful feature.  It's nothing urgent for me, but I'll
take a look at the filterfile option when I have some spare time.

Thanks,

Ted