[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode2 + mail gatway?

On Friday 12 May 2006 03:59, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Before I'm looking into the shell code, have you had a look at Mailman's
> NNTP gateway? Mailman's home page is <http://list.org/>; Mailman
> requires Python (not a major issue nowadays).

I know Mailman
Actually i used it before i switched to minimalist.
It's just that Mailman feels big and fat. I don't need most of the features, i
don't like the unhandy web interface and i'm not really a python friend
either.

Minimalist is very convenient to set up and configure, you have clean and
simple config files.

With Mailman i felt like with inn ( tough i never really got inn to do what i
want (2 small local group and one remote one)), while with minimalist i feel
more like with leafnode2 :)

Also, i think that - as long as mailing list and newsgroup reside on the same
server - the news2mail gateway should something that is initiated by the
newsserver on saving a post, and not seperately polled by cron job or so.
( or am i wrong? )

Worf