[leafnode-list] Re: Disable message-id generation

Jan De Luyck <ml_leafnode_20060606@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tuesday 06 June 2006 19:05, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Can you ask the Astraweb support staff what their limits WRT Message-ID
>> format are and why they validate the Message-ID in the first place? Ask
>> them for a quotable answer and their agreement to your publishing their
>> reply here, please.
>
> Their reply was very short:
>
> | That's not the error message returned from our servers. Please contact your
> | posting program support team instead for further assistance.

It's certainly not leafnode's message either, and I doubt Astraweb's
explanation is correct.

It might theoretically be a transparent news/nntp proxy along the path
-- can you check with your own ISP (dial-up, cable or DSL ISP) if that's
the case or have your ISP state officially that they are definitely not
forcing transparent news proxies?