[leafnode-list] Re: Fetchnews - glibc detected *** double free or corruption - aborted

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 08:44:16PM +0100, Stroller wrote:
> On 2 Jul 2006, at 19:44, Martin wrote:
> >> I have this idea that this "double free" message may be only a run-
> >> time warning from the compiler, but I have no idea to disable it.
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-January/msg01918.html
>
> I _think_ the implication of this is that I can do
>
>    # MALLOC_CHECK_=0 fetchnews -vvv
>
> ??

Yes, that should help
- avoiding this message and
- not getting this program killed.

> I've just Googled & found <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-
> upgrading.xml#upgrade-3.3-to-3.4> so I'll try that now.

There are a lot of upgrading guides on gentoo.org/doc/en. Today my
Gentoo wanted to upgrade to modular X, I directly looked up that page.

Thanks to all the guys writing this!

> > Maybe I could risk a short look at how much traffic is on -user, but I
> > think itd be too much for my poor mailbox. I'm currently reading only
> > -user-de.
>
> Actually, it seems remarkably low volume to me, these days. 59
> messages yesterday, 101 the day before.

Ehm ... ok, that's nothing for me. I do not even read my 5 to 20 Mails
from -user-de regularly.

Martin