[leafnode-list] Re: Fetchnews - glibc detected *** double free or corruption - aborted

Martin <virenfang@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>> >     CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium2 -fomit-frame-pointer"
>>
>> -fomit-frame-pointer forfeits most of the debugging efforts.
>> Please don't use it.
>
> emerge does anyway.

Tell it not do to that, but use -ggdb3 -O1 instead.
(I don't know emerge.)

> I'd suggest tuning make.conf the following way:

make.conf isn't a fetchmail feature.

> 1) Add FEATURES="nostrip"
> 2) Use CFLAGS="-ggdb3 -O1"
>
> The call for configure in the ebuild uses the default options
>                 --sysconfdir=/etc/leafnode \
>                 --with-runas-user=news \
>                 --localstatedir=/var \
>                 --with-spooldir=/var/spool/news \
>                 $(use_with ipv6) \

"use_with ipv6" is obsolete since fetchmail 6.3.0, the configure scripts
works as though --enable-ipv6 has been specified, because the IPv6 API
has been official for quite a while and the original inet6 libraries
have been withdrawn by their author.

>                 $(use_with pam)
>
> Probably there's no harm in any of these. So a "emerge leafnode" could
> be fine after that, couldn't it?

As long as it DOES NOT list "-s" in CFLAGS or LDFLAGS, but DOES list
"-ggdb3 -O1" in the CFLAGS, probably yes.