[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode.spec.in needs patch (Version 2)

> ./configure --help:
>
> |By default, `make install' will install all the files in
> |`/usr/local/bin', `/usr/local/lib' etc.  You can specify
> |an installation prefix other than `/usr/local' using `--prefix',
> |for instance `--prefix=$HOME'.
>
> Knowing this and having a look at the leafnode.spec quoted above, the
> prefix is set in %prefix.
>
> leafnode.spec (and leafnode.spec.in) both define %prefix as "/usr".
> Guessing, I suggest defining it as "/usr/local". (This defining is in
> line 13.)
>
> HTH, Martin

I guess my post wasn't very clear.

The problem arose because I did change %prefix to /usr/local and the
rpmbuild process croaked.

I did some investigation into the leafnode.spec.in file and saw that
whereas %prefix was present, it was not actually passed in to
./configure, so, I tried adding the --prefix and --exec-prefix options
to the ./configure command line in the leafnode.spec.in file, but
that did not eliminate the rpmbuild problem.

I do not do packaging often enough to remember all the nuances of
these things.  The make is still making the binaries to a prefix of /usr
even when %prefix is set to something else.  I have never gotten
comfortable with complex Makefiles.  Chances are the problem is
basic, and I just don't know how to fix it... hence my post.

For the time being,  I gave up and left %prefix as /usr.  It is, after all
a package, so it can be cleanly removed.  I was just thinking it would
be nice to have my customized packages installed to /usr/local and
not to the same base that the native distribution packages were
installed.   I posted because it seems that there might be a bug in
the spec file set up as it relates to %prefix, or at least something
that is not very clear to people who aren't building RPMs on a regular
basis.

Kevin R. Bulgrien
http://kbulgrien.home.att.net/