[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode.spec.in needs patch (Version 2)

"Kevin R. Bulgrien" <kbulgrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Well, what I found in the years I was around packaging RPMs is that the
>> RPM documentation is abysmal. There's somewhat recent documentation on
>> the basics on the Fedora website, but either SUSE forget packaging half
>> of the docs or there are none.
>
> What few times I have done or tried to do packaging, I found the same
> thing that you have.
>
>> Anyways, can you try the attached patch and let me know if it works
>> better for you? It does for me.
>>
>> You still need to edit the _prefix line to read /usr/local,
>> I left it at /usr.
>
> I applied your patch and changed _prefix to /usr/local, and the RPM did
> build properly.  rpm -qlp on the produced RPM shows that the /usr files
> are all put in  /usr/local/ except for the /usr/share/doc files.

I don't really mean to support RPM at this stage, but you will probably
be able to move these by adding another line (below the _prefix
definition) like this:

%define _usr     /usr/local

It should work if your macros are sufficiently similar to those I have
on SUSE 10.0.