[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode 2.0.0.alpha20060711a: cannot parse reply...

Martin <virenfang@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Next "fetchnews"-run I got following output:
>
> | news.gmane.org: cannot parse reply to "GROUP
> | gmane.linux.gentoo.web-user": "220 27322
> | <200607271403.28703.ext-dirk.heinrichs@xxxxxxxxx> article"
>
> After this output, fetchnews quit.

Probably improper escaping of leading dots on a line in some earlier
article.

> Right after this, I retried with -vvv. There was no error given, so I
> can't paste the output.

Try "fetchnews -vvvex 500". (Or perhaps more if said newsgroup is really
high-traffic). If that doesn't reproduce it, one of the articles
downloaded previously will probably be incomplete - dig out its
Message-ID and post the ID here.

> What more information is needed? Was this just an ordinary accident or
> is there something wrong (not enough time for waiting)?

Probably the server sending garbage.

The log: what happened before that failure?