[leafnode-list] Re: status of leafnode 2 and how to upgrade from leafnode 1

> with knode. Are there any serious problems with leafnode 2 (why is it in
> alpha)? Does it support local NGs and mail2news gatewaying?

I only use it for local newsgroups, so I cannot speak to any other features,
but the local newsgroup feature has been in use at my workplace trouble-
free for years.  The only minor wrinkles have been during upgrades.  The
reason given prior for alpha status was that Matthias reserved the right to
make major changes in ongoing work on it.  I read this to mean that some
minor difficulties may occur in future updates too, but so far they have
not given me any heartburn.

I recently started using leafnode local groups at at home.

--
Kevin R. Bulgrien
http://kbulgrien.home.att.net/