[leafnode-list] Re: how to moderate group

* Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> :
> Troy Piggins <troy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I have a [...] question [...] about moderated local groups.
> >
> > Since installing leafnode 2 I thought I'd muck around with
> > some local groups, mainly for testing.  I set up a local
> > moderated group.
> >
> > If I post to it, the post actually gets emailed to the
> > moderator (which is me anyway).  But what do I do with it
> > then?
>
> Add an "Approved: troy@xxxxxxxxx" header and post again -- it
> should contain the moderator's mail address however.

Aah, OK that worked.  Thanks.

Having never posted to a moderated group, I am unsure how this
works in practice.

If someone wants to post to a moderated group, their post
actually gets mailed to a moderator.  Then the moderated replies
to the person and says "include Approved:
moderator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the headers of your post and repost
it"?

Or does the moderator do the reposting with the appropriate
header?

Couldn't posters just forge the Approved: header having read the
moderator's email address on other posts?

I apologise if we're getting off-topic here.

--
Troy Piggins
  ,-o   Ubuntu v6.06 (Dapper Drake): kernel 2.6.15-25-server,