[leafnode-list] Re: Filling the gap.

Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Globally, I don't want to set maxfetch in order to, as default behavior,
> prevent gaps.  However, for a small number of groups I don't want this
> default behavior, for those groups I _do_ want to set maxfetch.

> What I want is to set maxfetch for very.crowded.group _only_ and not for
> any other groups.  Is this possible?

Not at this time. However setting this to some large value will cut off
"too much" of "very-crowded" groups, but since low-traffic groups will
have fewer posts, they won't usually reach that limit.

(It might be useful to set a posting rate that depends on when the last
successful fetch from that group was, but there is no code yet in place
to keep track which group was completed when, so it's nontrivial.)