[leafnode-list] Re: Listening on ports other than 119

Peter J Ross <pjr.spam@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi. I'm running the latest leafnode alpha with so much success that I'm
> thinking of offering news to a separate group of users who have
> different requirements from my current users. Ideally, I'd like the new
> users to be able to connect to a separate leafnode daemon running on
> the same box but using a different port, such as port 120. According to
> my reading of the documentation, this isn't possible, but does anybody
> have a patch to make it possible?

It is possible - check the
inetd/xinetd/tcpsvd/... documentation. However, if you're going beyond
what you can configure on command line or environment variables, it's
probably better to set up a completely separate installation
(./configure --prefix=foo    where foo is different from the other installation).

> This is also a feature request: --listen <number> : specify a port as
> a ./configure option.

No. Ports are configured in the super server, see above.