[leafnode-list] Re: Listening on ports other than 119

On Sunday 10 September 2006 18:12, Martin wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 09:41:46PM +0100, Peter J Ross wrote:
> > Hi. I'm running the latest leafnode alpha with so much success that
> > I'm thinking of offering news to a separate group of users who have
> > different requirements from my current users. Ideally, I'd like the
> > new users to be able to connect to a separate leafnode daemon
> > running on the same box but using a different port, such as port
> > 120. According to my reading of the documentation, this isn't
> > possible, but does anybody have a patch to make it possible?
>
> Listening on other ports is no problem at all:
>
> Tell your inetd or xinetd to listen on 120 and then start a leafnode.

On Debian at least, this seems to require simply adding an entry for the
service in /etc/services and then editing /etc/inetd.conf accordingly.

> The other problem is running leafnode with a *completely* different
> setup. For example /etc/leafnode/moderators and /etc/leafnode/users
> cannot be changed, as it seems.

According to my reading of the README, I think they can be changed.

./configure --prefix=DIR --sysconfdir=DIR

I'll do some testing to see which of us is right.

Thanks to you and Matthias for your help.

--
PJR :-)