[leafnode-list] Re: [beta] select_group dead slow

* Matthias Andree on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 01:40:34 +0200:
> Christian Ebert <blacktrash@xxxxxxx> writes:
>> The only difference /in the log/ is that in the meantime 2 more
>> message have arrived. Still, with leafnode-2, it took slrn
>> several seconds to enter a group with 35 unread messages, whereas
>> with leafnode-1 I can enter instantly.
>>
>> Even more confusing is the fact that both servers behave the same
>> way, if I select *all* messages in a group.
>
> Are you using the same spool directory for either version?

Now also tried and set up a spool from scratch, in case I screwed
up migration; but the issue persists (with leafnode-2 + slrn, not
with tin).

I can live with leafnode-1.11.5 and slrn, but the faster fetch of
leafnode-2 wetted my appetite, as I have to use flaky modem
connections quite often when I am abroad.

_B A U S T E L L E N_ lesen! --->> <http://www.blacktrash.org/baustellen.html>