[leafnode-list] Re: message id goes by FQDN or e-mail address?

On 2006-09-22, Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, it was a pan issue.  Do other newsreaders leave the MID generation up
> to leafnode?

I started using slrn and leafnode together, and I've got these lines
in my ~/.slrnrc file:

  %% Leafnode specific: We don't want SLRN to generate its own Message-IDs!
  set generate_message_id 0
  set read_active 1

which I probably copied from some FAQ or HOWTO.  I think (but I could
be wrong!) most newsreaders generate their own MIDs by default.

Out of curiosity, what will go wrong in leafnode if I let slrn
generate MIDs?