[leafnode-list] Re: Just starting out, looking for hints

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:17:57 +0100, Peter J Ross wrote:
[...]
>> Is there a more 'elegant' way to get a fully qualified domain name
>> for leafnode?
>
> Yes. I use <http://www.dyndns.com/> to obtain a "real" domain, and
> similar free services are available elsewhere. With the arrangements
> you've made, there's a danger that the FQDN might suddenly start
> belonging to somebody else, even if your IP number is alleged to be
> static.

for comparison, here's how I changed my FQDN, once I had one:

[thufir@arrakis ~]$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       arrakis.homelinux.org   arrakis localhost.localdomain   localhost

[thufir@arrakis ~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=arrakis.homelinux.org

[thufir@arrakis ~]$