[leafnode-list] Re: no archive messages

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 01:14:37AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Mark Brown schrieb am 2006-10-04:

> > Well, you've also asked not to have packages in experimental (which will
> > never get released so there's no danger there).

> Basically, you need to take responsibility for your package then.

As one always does when producing packages.

> I wonder if users see "experimental" the same way, or if we're going to
> see complaints of users with outdated versions, either because the
> packager can't update the packages for policy or other reasons, or

Given that we have no quality requirements at all for experimental only
licensing issues should cause a problem.  It's explictly for things that
are too broken for general use.

> I don't want masses of unexperienced users going for leafnode-2 create
> support load just because leafnode-2 looks newer to them or shouting at
> me because I changed something and now a script they found on some old

The chances of anyone even finding a package in experimental without
being prompted are fairly low: users need to explicitly tell the package
management tools to load information about packages from there and even
when they've done that they also need to tell the tools to consider
those packages installation candidates.