[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode config + PreferencesPane for Mac OS X

Yvon Thoraval <yvon_thoraval@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> i'm using four nntp servers in that order :
>
> - 1 - news.lacave.net
> - 2 - news.individual.de
> - 3 - news.eclipse.org
> - 4 - news.free.fr
>
> i've put news.lacave.net as the first one because it is free of
> charge and the quicker, news.individual.de as a few groups not
> included in the first one, eclipse has only his own groups and
> finality news.free.fr (my ISP) which has all the groups i need for
> the time being except those of eclipse.
>
> the latest, as eclipse has groups, not available elsewhere, those
> groups are starting by proxad.*.
>
> here the question comes ;-)
>
> because of the order of nntp servers in my config file the first
> server "news.lacave.net" complains each time i want to post in a
> group belonging to the latest :
>
> Oct 31 07:22:59 yvon-thoraval fetchnews[29741]: news.lacave.net:
> cannot parse reply to "GROUP proxad.free.adsl": "502 Permission denied"
>
> an obvious solution would be to set the last server in the first
> position BUT i don't like that that because the last one
> "news.free.fr" is the less reliable and the slower one, i want to
> load grom it only the froups sarting with proxad.*

List

only_groups_pcre = proxad\.

below your "server=news.free.fr" line and put that server with that
only_groups line first. This should use news.free.fr only for groups
whose names match ^proxad\. (i. e. starting with "proxad.")

Since I'm totally MacOS X agnostic, I'm not going to comment on your
other suggestions.
Sorry - too little time and too few Apple computers :-)