[leafnode-list] Re: fetchnews -vvv OK but not telneting ?

Le 2 nov. 06 à 00:26, Matthias Andree a écrit :

> I don't know. And unfortunately, I know nothing about launchd and its
> details - what you need is something that listens on a TCP socket on
> port 119 (or some other by your choice) and if some client connects
> there, runs leafnode and hands it the socket.

Excuse me this prob was solved after a Jens Kutilek email.

for a unknown reason leafnode perms was :

$ sudo ls -al /usr/local/sbin
[snip]
srwx------    1 news  news         0 Oct 26 12:02 leafnode
^---------------------------------------
^---------------------------------- ???

i know leafnode is a "light" nntp server but to this point of being
zero size ;-)

then i've trashed every bins belonging to leafnode and reinstall
leafnode again with JK dmg package and get :

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  wheel   165552 Dec 15  2005 leafnode

now the "503 Server misconfiguration: cannot read configuration file."

first i've to say it was the FIRST time i've used a standard text
editor in order to edit leafnode's config files.

(i post that here for the purpose of lists's archive)

i've made use, to open a config file, of the command line :

sudo open <the config file>

which opens it in SubEthaEdit

and also with the command line :

mate <the config file> which opens it using TextMate.

one of those had changed the owner of the config file to :

user = yvon (me)
group : admin

after changing "manually" the file owner to news, leafnode didn't
complain anymore about misconfiguration.

best,

Yvon