[leafnode-list] Re: bad status characters and newsgroup name conflicts...

Troy Piggins <troy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I just noticed these errors[1] while running 'fetchnews -vvv'.
> Not sure if they are the result of a corrupt file here, or
> problems with the server at the other end.  Any ideas?

Sorry, no - what would that status character "f" mean?

> news.mozilla.com: getting newsgroup descriptions
> news.mozilla.com: reading newsgroups descriptions failed: 501 no such list available
> ERROR: FETCHNEWS MUST REFETCH THE WHOLE ACTIVE FILE NEXT RUN.
> REASON: could not successfully talk to all servers.

Look for configuration errors and server skips/aborts outside the
logging you pasted. Else, try nodesc=1 below this
server=news.mozilla.com line in the configuration and let me know if it
helps.