[leafnode-list] Re: Leafnode 2 for debian

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 02:10:23PM +0100, damir wrote:

> I was install this package (leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20061010a) under
> ubuntu-6.10-server, and when i testing ... changing config file I was always
> must reboot computer to see changes.
> What is the right command to restart leafnode service without reboot ?
> Sorry about this probably simple question , but Im newbie :)

Leafnode does not have a permanantly running server - it consists of a
server component which is started whenever a newsreader connects to it
and another component which downloads articles from your news provider
and in the Debian/Ubuntu package is started either based on the time or
when you connect to your ISP.  Both components re-read the configuration
file each time they start.

I *suspect* that you have configured Leafnode to download news when you
connect to your ISP and that what you are seeing results from having an
always on internet connection such as an ADSL one - the only time your
computer connects to the internet is when it is booted.  You can also
manually trigger a download by saying "sudo /usr/sbin/fetchnews" at the
command prompt.

The same configuration options are used for the Leafnode 1 packages in
the standard Debian and Ubuntu archives.