[leafnode-list] strange problem

Hello!

I have a strange problem with the leafnode v2 after a clean Ubuntu Edgy Eft
install. Fetchnews starts every 30 min from crontab and fetch news posts
without a problem. I can see that everything is working fine by looking in
the log at /var/log/news/news.info.

The strange problem is, that later when I start Thunderbird to see new
articles, it says that there is *no* new articles in leafnode. :-(

If, in the other hand, I start fetchnews by hand, like:

$ sudo fetchnews -vvvn

and it fetch news artices, Thunderbird and Claws-Mail download new artices
without a problem, but not if the fetchnews is run from crontab.

Here is the command in /etc/crontab:

30,00   * * * * root    /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews -vvvn

chaky@ubuntu:~$ leafnode-version
version: leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20070108a
current machine: Linux ubuntu 2.6.17-11-generic #2 SMP Thu Feb 1 19:52:28
UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
bindir: /usr/local/bin
sysconfdir: /etc/leafnode
default spooldir: /var/spool/news
IPv6: yes
default MTA: /usr/sbin/sendmail
pcre version: 6.4 05-Sep-2005

Just to say, I'm running leafnode v2 for the year now, and I did not have
any problems with it, until clean Ubuntu Edgy install few days ago. I did
have leafnode v2 on Dapper, Edgy before, and it was working great, but few
days ago I did clean install of Edgy and this happens.

Also, in /var/log/news/news.info I see this:

Mar  3 20:00:03 ubuntu fetchnews[5280]: store: hr.comp.os.linux: stale water
marks, trying to fix

What that means?

Thanks in advance.

see ya, nick

--
ChaKy @ idolNET IRC Network | #ubuntu-hr @ irc.freenode.org
Linux 2.6.17-10-generic (#2 SMP Tue Dec 5 22:28:26 UTC 2006)