[leafnode-list] Re: strange problem

Nick C schrieb am 2007-03-07:

> The strange problem is, that later when I start Thunderbird to see new
> articles, it says that there is *no* new articles in leafnode. :-(

Try "texpire -fvvvr".

Probably Thunderbird has older article numbers cached and after the
reinstall, the new article numbers are much lower, so that Thunderbird
thinks the server had higher articles expired without new articles
arriving. Check the Thunderbird knowledgebase if there's something you
can do about that; in doubt, you'll need to remove and re-add your
newsserver.

> Also, in /var/log/news/news.info I see this:
>
> Mar  3 20:00:03 ubuntu fetchnews[5280]: store: hr.comp.os.linux: stale water
> marks, trying to fix

This might be related and happens when the group.info file isn't
accurate. Texpire should fix this.

HTH,