[leafnode-list] Re: strange problem

On 24.04.2007 09:10, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Still very strange.

> Can you add -vvvv to your crontab line, add debugmode=1 to your
> configuration file and see what the last few lines of your log are?

> Can you then also check (find /var/spool/news -name '*core*') if there
> are any core files

> It will grow your log tremendously, so once you've got some logging that
> lacks the final line, you'll probably like to remove those -vvvv again
> and set debugmode=0.

> Mail me the resulting log and the output of "leafnode-version" off-list
> (you can gzip the log if you like and you will have to if it's in excess
> of a few MB).

I have a small problem now with the logging inside /var/log/news. After your
suggestion here, I went to /var/log/news and renamed my old news.info in new
 news.info.XX.XX.XXXX (today's date) and created a new empty file news.info.
But now, fetchnews or syslog does not want to log anything inside new
news.info file. Permissions:

chaky@ubuntu:~$ ls -l /var/log/news/news.info
-rw-r--r-- 1 root news 0 2007-04-24 17:31 /var/log/news/news.info

Inside /etc/syslog.conf I have defined from the first time, that logging
goes to news.info and that was working until today, just after renaming.

:-/

see ya, nick

--
chaky @ idolNET IRC Network :: #ubuntu-hr @ irc.freenode.org