[leafnode-list] Re: Two (or more) systems synchronization

On Sunday 14 October 2007 23:25, Angel Martin Alganza wrote:
> It works beautifully! :-)
>
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 11:43:16PM +0200, Angel Martin Alganza wrote:
> > If that's how I have understood, it's very good news for me, since
> > synchronization at the server level is easy, then.  I simply need to
> > rsync /var/spool/news/ from my main box to my laptop, right?  I then
> > need my laptop not to fetch news from a server or anything other than
> > run leafnode to serve news to my news reader (tin).  Am I mistaken?
>
> In fact, an rsync of /var/spool/news/ from main-box to laptop
> replicates my news spool on my laptop.  I do it while my laptop is
> online.  I have set up leafnode to not fetch news on the laptop.  It
> is rsync the one which drops news into the spool, then.

You could also set the laptop's leafnode to fetch from your main box.
That makes sense if - for instance - the expiration policy on the laptop need
to be different. You can expire sooner, or even later.

--
Werner Geuens - mailto:werner@xxxxxxxxxx
========