[leafnode-list] Re: "Retrieving body (null) failed. No response"

Am Freitag, den 11.01.2008, 11:12 +0000 schrieb Carr, Chris:

> I've been running Leafnode (v1.11.5-5 on Debian Etch) for a month or two
> now. I've had no major problems, though it doesn't seem to like some
> groups (alt.games.diablo2, linux.apps.cdwrite and linux.wine.users still
> have the "Leafnode placeholder" post, and no real posts - the first is a
> very high-traffic group).
>
> Now I have a real problem: I'm getting an error message every update
> which says:
> ----
> comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg: Retrieving body (null) failed. No response
> rec.games.roguelike.angband: Retrieving body (null) failed. No response
> ----
> (That's it, in its entirety).

Hi Chris,

sorry to hear that. For some reason, leafnode appears to be requesting
articles without specifying the Message-ID, and it also appears to be
related to the delaybody options.

Can you show me:

1. the delaybody-related options from your /etc/news/leafnode/config
   file

2. the output from the command:
	ls -lba /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/

and perhaps

3. the output from these commands:
   cat -t /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
   cat -t /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/rec.games.roguelike.angband

That might help chase down the problem.

Thanks.

Best regards
Matthias