[leafnode-list] Re: "Retrieving body (null) failed. No response"

Carr, Chris schrieb:
> [...]

Please install and use QuoteFix if you want to use Outlook on mailing lists.

Outlook: http://home.cs.tum.edu/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/
Outlook Express: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

>> 3. the output from these commands:
>>    cat -t /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
>>    cat -t
> /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/rec.games.roguelike.angband
>
> cat -t /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
>
> gives the number 9 on a line by itself, while
>
> cat -t /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/rec.games.roguelike.angband
>
> gives the number 4 (likewise)

Try emptying these files. As root, do:

: >/var/spool/news/interesting.groups/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
: >/var/spool/news/interesting.groups/rec.games.roguelike.angband

That should make the problem disappear for the next fetchnews run, at the
expense of missing one article per group from prior delaybody experiments
and possibly skewing the expiry information for these groups a bit.

If you have NEVER even tried delaybody, please let me know.

Thanks.

Best regards